Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ch 7: Your Best Life ... Later

Two very meaningful sections for me in this chapter.
P. 115 - first sentence: Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers.
The point = if Christians have lifestyles that are common to unbelievers, we are doing something wrong - - we are not demonstrating faith thru life choices that require God to come through for us. Great thought to ponder!

Building on that idea is P. 124 - What are you doing right now that requires faith? Bottom of the page... God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that re unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.

I do believe .... but my choices would indicate otherwise. Instead of claiming God boldly ... "putting myself out there" .... I build in a 'just-in-case-this-isn't-His-will' backup plan. This is robbing God of chances to glorify Himself.

Currently, I am wrestling with Him to understand where is the healthy boundary ... going on a risk limb vs. testing Him. I'll let you know how that pans out......

How about you? Did this chapter give you something to think about?

1 comment:

  1. I made stars in the margin by both quotes (pages 115 & 124).

    As Christians, we are called to be set apart. Therefore, my life should not make sense to a non-believer. For example, my love, mercy, and forgiveness should be mind-boggling to my enemies and those I am in conflict with. My decisions based on faith should be unfathomable, like Abraham’s insane decision to murder his son.

    FAITH...
    It is not believing that God can;
    BUT knowing that He will!
    It dares the soul to go beyond
    what the eyes can see!

    ReplyDelete